Friday 12 September 2014

All Quiet On The Western Front Quotes

Quotations for my English Essay:


  • "The war wouldn't be nearly as bad if we could only get more sleep." (p.2)
  • “Young men? That was a long time ago. We are old now.” (p.13)
  • “Our lives didn’t go much further than that as yet. And now 
  • nothing is left of it all.” (p.14)
  • “We have lost all our ability to se things in other ways, because they are artificial. For us, it is only the facts that count.” (p.15)
  • “The less they had to say for themselves in Civvy Street, the more it goes to their heads now.” (p.31)
  • “Some old goat was so moved that he referred to us as ‘young heroes’.” (p.35)
  • “We have turned into human animals.” (p.39)
  • “The war has ruined us for everything…we’re no longer young men. We’ve lost any desire to conquer the world…We are fleeing from ourselves…We believe in the war.” (p.54)
  • “I think that we are lost.” (p.85)
  • “We are dead men with no feelings.” (p.80)
  • “You can get used to anything, even being in the trenches.” (p.96)
  • “An order has turned these silent figures into our enemies; an order could turn them into friends again.” (p.133)
  • “I am young…but I know nothing of life except despair, death, fear and…suffering…Our knowledge of life is limited to death.” (p.180)
  • “No man’s land is outside us and inside us too.” (p.185)
  • “Let the months come, and the year, they’ll take nothing more from me, they can take nothing more from me. I am so alone and devoid of any hope that I can confront them without fear.” (p.200)


No comments:

Post a Comment